We have all of the answers to your questions about Microblading. If you don’t see it here, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back with you!
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent makeup procedure where we add natural-looking hairlike strokes to your brows using a handheld device called a microblade. Your brows are customized by mapping out a shape and color matching all approved by you. The result? Beautiful natural looking brows.
What are Combination Brows?
Combination Brows are the natural-looking hairlike strokes of Microblading with the addition of Shading. Shading is done with a different type of blade where we stipple diluted pigment in between the Microblading strokes. Shading gives your brows soft definition and depth.
Does it hurt?
Most clients say there is little to no pain! We do all that we can to ensure that the process is as comfortable as possible. A topical anesthetic is applied before Microblading and a secondary liquid anesthetic can be applied during if needed.
How long does Microblading last?
Microblading is a semi-permanent service and will fade over time. After the 6-8 week touch up appointment, most clients won’t need a touch up again until 1-2 years later. How often depends on a number of factors including:
– Skin Type (oily skin usually fades faster)
– Aftercare (poor aftercare will result in less color retention)
– Sun exposure (over time can cause fading and discoloration)
– Use of daily anti-aging products (products with Alpha Hydroxy, Retin-A, etc. increase your cell turnover and can result in faster fading)
When are touch ups required?
A touch up 6-8 weeks after your initial Microblading appointment is highly recommended. Everyone heals differently. During your touch-up appointment, we will assess the color, hair strokes, and shape of your brows and enhance as needed. After your 6-8 week touch up, it is recommended to have annual touch ups to maintain the color and shape of your brows.
How much does it cost?
– Microblading is $375
– Combination Brows are $425
– Touch Ups 6-8 after initial appointment are $75
– Annual Touch-Ups are $125
How long is the appointment?
We book out 3 hours for Microblading and Combination Brows but the average appointment takes about 2-2.5 hrs. Most of the appointment is spent measuring and drawing on a symmetrical set of brows that you agree on and picking out the perfect color for you.
How do I make an appointment?
You can make an appointment by clicking here. Please book a consultation with Jessica or Kellie before scheduling your first Microblading or Combination Brows appointment. Check out our work on Instagram @halfmoonbrowstudio.
Who is not an ideal candidate for Microblading?
Microblading is not recommended for those with oily skin or large pores. If that’s you, a powder brow done with a tattoo machine would be best for you. At this time, Half Moon Brow Studio does not offer machine permanent makeup, but stay tuned as we will be offering machine-work in the near future!
We also do not provide microblading for people: under 18 years old, pregnant or nursing, if you have diabetes, glaucoma, skin diseases such as Shingles, psoriasis or eczema on the area of treatment, allergies to makeup, Keloid disorder, HIV/Hepatitis, skin cancer, hemophilia, or if you’re taking skin medications like accutane and steroids.
Products and Equipment
To ensure the highest quality of safety, all of our tools are one time use only. ALL blades are disposed of as biohazard waste after each appointment. The beds, chairs, and trays are wiped down with an intermediate-level surface disinfectant.
What should I do before my Microblading appointment?
To ensure the success of your Microblading appointment:
● Do not pick/tweeze/wax/perform electrolysis one week before the procedure
● Do not tan two weeks prior to the service, or have a sunburned face
● Do not have any type of facial 2 weeks prior to the procedure
● Do not work out the day of the procedure
● Do not have botox 3 weeks prior to the procedure
● Do not take Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior to the procedure (they are natural blood thinners)
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
● Do not drink alcohol 24 – 48 hours before your tattoo
● Do not consume coffee before your procedure ● Do not take Aspirin or Ibuprofen for pain relief (these also thin the blood)
What to expect ?
Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. This will last 3-4 days. Do not panic! It is normal.
Swelling and redness is minimal with most clients, and will disappear within 24-48 hours. In some cases, it may last around the eyebrow area for up to 3 days, but will not prevent working or socializing. The treated area may feel a bit like a sunburn afterwards but there should only be minimal discomfort. The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 6 weeks to see the true color, it is only after 6 weeks that your touch-up can be done. Keep in mind that microbladed brows healed up to 30% softer than the initial color.
Please note that final results can not be guaranteed as each unique skin type will hold pigments differently and break down at different rates. The tattooed hair strokes tend to have a more crisp look once healed on dry skin compared to more blurry strokes on oily skin.
We will re-evaluate how your skin has received the pigment at your touch-up appointment and make any necessary changes.
Days 1-7: Wash Wash daily for the first 7 days after your treatment.
Washing daily will remove bacteria, build up of product and oils, and dead skin, but this will not remove the pigment.
Gently wash your eyebrows each morning and night with water and an antibacterial soap like Dial Gold.
Use your fingertips to gently cleanse the eyebrows. Use a very light touch. Rub the area in a smooth motion for 10 seconds and rinse with water ensuring that all soap is rinsed away. To dry, gently pat with a clean tissue. DO NOT use any cleansing products containing acids (glycolic, lactic, or AHA), or exfoliants. Days 1-7 Moisturize
Apply a very small amount( about the size of a grain of rice) of aftercare ointment with a cotton swab and spread it across the treated area. Do not over-apply. If you over-apply this will suffocate your skin and delay healing. The ointment should be barely noticeable on the skin. Do not put the ointment on a wet or damp tattoo.
That’s it for days 1-7! Keep washing and moisturizing per the instructions and you will be well on your way to beautiful, healed brows. Here are some additional tips to help with a beautiful recovery:
● Use a fresh pillowcase while you sleep.
● Do not pick scabbing. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate away. This can cause scarring or loss of color.
● No facials, botox, chemical treatments or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
● Avoid hot, sweaty exercise for one week.
● Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
● Avoid long, hot showers for the first 10 days. Limit your showers to 5 minutes to avoid creating steam. Keep your brows out of the water while you wash your body
and wash your hair at the end of your shower. Avoid hot water and excessive water on the brows.
● Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
● DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area.
● Avoid swimming, lakes, and hot tubs for the first 10 days,
● Avoid topical makeup and sunscreen on the area.
With the proper prep and aftercare routine, you will have much better results with your microblading procedure.
FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION OR ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION. WE LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU ACHIEVE BEAUTIFUL BROWS!